A college friend decided it was time to get hitched to his girlfriend and this gave us the perfect opportunity to make up for a not-so-great trip to San Francisco we took a few years ago. After packing 12 bags for Alessio and a shopping bag for ourselves, the three of us flew north to “The City” in August 2014.
During our short jaunt to the Bay area, the three of us enjoyed:
- A quiet flight that Alessio slept through most of
- Staying in an amazing apartment (seriously, it was bigger than our condo and had an amazing patio)
- Hanging out with Zia Trista at The Willows and meeting her new “friend” John
- Trying not to cry (me, not Alessio) as BigA92J (otherwise known as Andy) married Sarah, the love of his life
- Catching up with some ol’ college chums and enjoying the classic tune of Bro Hymn
- Taking a walking tour of Fisherman’s Wharf while Mama ate and drank the best of San Francisco with Zia Trista
- Chatting on the patio with Zio Stephen, Zia Kirsten and Unkie Joe on our luxurious patio until one of the neighbors yelled at us at 10:01 PM
- Walking around the Palace of Fine Arts during a cool and wet San Francisco morning
- Finding a parking spot right in front of Zia Trista’s apartment
- And finally, another quiet flight home
Images of Alessio’s First Trip to San Francisco
Alessio trying to crawl on the beautiful hardwood floor or our AirBnB in the Marina District.
“Don’t I look cute,” Alessio, August 2014
While Mama enjoyed the best eats of San Francisco with Zia Trista, Alessio and I sat for a while and enjoyed the view from Fort Mason Great Meadow
Alessio enjoying some time out of the Ergo
Alessio loves his blankets…which is better than the grass which he also likes to shove into his mouth
Since I have been to San Francisco around a bajillion times, Mama was at a dining event with Zia Trista, and Alessio was asleep, I took an audio tour using a new app called Detour.
Alessio loved going on the tour of Fisherman’s Wharf. I know this because he fell asleep about 5 minutes in.
Learned a bit about the fishing boats at Fisherman’s Wharf on the Detour tour.
Looks like the birds enjoy the view as well…I mean it couldn’t have been the fish!
How have I never been here before! Would of stayed longer but Alessio was asleep.
Birds! The birds are everywhere! Even atop the USS Pampanito submarine.
Just a reminder that there are boats at Fisherman’s Wharf
The Bush Man strikes again!
After a nap, Alessio was excited to once again hang out on the grass at the San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park. Sadly, Ghiradelli was not on the afternoon’s list of things to do
After enjoying the best of San Francisco’s eats with Zia Trista, Mama joined us for some time in the park
Of all the toys he enjoyed the most, the water bottle Mama picked up from the food event was his favorite
One of my favorite shots with Alessio. The two of us just hanging out and enjoying San Francisco
Alessio and I giving our best looks
Mama and Alessio checking out San Francisco Bay
Insert The Rock jokes here…
Take a long walk along a long pier in San Francisco
Did you know that the Golden Gate Bridge is not actually made of gold? The more you know…
It took us two days to realize that the Palace of Fine Arts was about two blocks away from where we were staying. Of course we were much farther way when I took this photo
My artistic shot of the trip
Mama and Alessio admiring the ducks at the Palace of Fine Arts